13 August 2008

In Loving Memory



Mark's grandpa Mealy (Pops)passed away early yesterday morning. He had been sick for a while, but it came sooner than we expected. He went peacefully in his sleep to be with his Lord. There will be a memorial service next weekend in North Carolina where they lived for the last 17ish years.

There is peace in knowing that he is with Jesus and not in pain, but we miss him. Jake has had a rough day today especially. He has such a tender heart. He and I went to visit with Grandma (GiGi) this afternoon and he cried on the way there. He held it together while we were talking with her, but has struggled this afternoon again.

Pops leaves an amazing legacy of love and prayer and faith. I have noticed a void already and a sense of urgency about the changes this brings to the family. We have big shoes to fill in passing on that legacy to the next generations of Mealy's.

1 comment:

Quakenbush's said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss. September will be one year since my grandpa passed away~ it still doesn't seem real!! I'm sure that even if you know a loved one is sick the loss still feels great. Especially if that person has played a part in your own salvation, as my grandfather did for me! I will be praying for you! Keep in touch.
~ Tasha