14 June 2008

From the Mountains to the Valley

Friday I told Mark that I wanted to go to the mountains. So to the mountains we went! We started at Table Rock State Park. The pictures are beautiful, but the real thing is breathtaking! I was reminded that I am not a good hiker! I am still sore from the little bit of climbing I did do.

After Table Rock we drove around for a while. We found another State Park, Whiteside mountain. Mark and Jake did a little hiking while I wandered and took pictures.

After that we found a local spot for dinner. It was called Carolina Smokehouse in Cashiers, NC. If you ever get to the area be sure to go there! It was by far the best local food we have had since we got here! It was yummy!
Our final stop was Devils Fork State Park. It is on Lake Jocassee. this is where Mark has been diving since coming south. It was nice to cool off by the water for a while at the end of the day.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Sweet! I hiked this, I think, when I was dating Stevan. He lived in Spartanberg (sp?), SC from his freshman year of high school until he graduated from IWU and landed a job in Warsaw, IN where he met me. I know we climbed Grandfather Mountain wherever that is. :-) Stevan's parents, of course, were at the camp you visited, as well, but they live in PA now. You're in beautiful country, I have to admit!